This type of electron beam machine is a universal design for tackling a wide range of welding jobs. The entire EBOCAM® system is modular in construction, both mechanically and electrically.
Electron beam machines
The reliable EB high-tech machines for your production!
Electron beam welding and drilling technology was introduced to industry many years ago as a reliable means of fabrication. The layout of the type of machine most suitable for you depends on your requirements and applications. Together with you, we will come up with the machine design that matches your tasks. Steigerwald Strahltechnik is only too happy to pass on its decades of expertise to you.
Within the Global Beam Technologies AG, Steigerwald Strahltechnik GmbH is your expert partner for
- Electron beam chamber machines for universal fabrication
- EB small chamber machines for fabricating a larger number of items
- Electron beam drilling/perforating machines, when lots of holes are involved
- Electron strip welding machines for bi- or tri-metal strip productions
- Electron beam generators
- Electron beam chamber machines: Series EBOCAM®, EBOMOVE & EBOFLEX
- Electron beam drilling/perforating machines: EBOPULS series
- Electron beam strip welding machines: EBOCONT® series
- Special EB machines according to customer requirements
- Workpiece movements: Rotary devices, tilting devices
- Auxiliary equipment
- Replacement and wearing parts for these product lines
- Electron beam generators:
External generators EBOGEN with 150 kV & 60 kV
Internal mobile generators with 60 kV
Detailed production data
- Mains supply: phase current 3 x 400 V ± 10 %, 50 Hz, PEN (if necessary, a mains supply transformer must be connected between the mains supply at the customer and our machinery)
- Lightening earth: < 3 Ohm, 35 mm²
- Input power and required power depends on the machine model (electron beam generator power, drive, pump set, ...)
- Compressed air: ≥ 6 bar
- Cooling water: temperature max. 15 °C, pressure 3 to 4 bar
- Ambient temperature +12 °C to +35 °C
- Relative humidity, not condensing max. 70 %
- Avoid electromagnetic fields near the machinery
- Vibration-free installation position (normal factory conditions are sufficient)
- Floor loading: max. 16 daN/cm²
Electron beam systems are the reliable high-tech processes for your production!
EB drilling proves much more economical when processing work pieces requiring a large number of drilled holes on each component. Some typical examples where electron beam perforation is applied...